Sunday, November 23, 2014

Toraysee Lens Cloth


Toraysee
Lens Cloth


The Product:
These incredible little cloths found their way to us in an unusual way. In early 2013, we had a customer, Steve, who was looking for a high quality lens cloth. He needed something that wouldn't lint at all, would easily remove sebum (skin oil), as well as dust and other foreign matter, and would do all of this without chemical cleaners. Steve had tried everything, Zeiss cloths, lens tissue, LensPEN, not to mention virtually all of the private labeled microfiber cloths that camera lens companies and eye glass companies sell. Quite frankly, we didn't have anything that would perform any better for this application.

As we were sending samples back and forth, we got to know Steve better. He is semi-retired after spending his career in the optics industry. He is also an avid, and quite talented, photographer who was tired of not being able to get his mind bogglingly expensive lenses clean. There was an opportunity here.

After an exhaustive search we found exactly what we were looking for. We had found a line of microfiber cloths that worked even better than we had hoped. These cloths remove all sebum, dust and debris from lenses, they do it in one or two swipes. They do it without using a chemical cleaner. They do it 100% lint free! They're thin too, that means they get all the way to the edge of lenses. And wouldn't you know, we found them at the birthplace of microfiber, Toray Industries in Japan! After meeting with Toray we had a better understanding of why these cloths are so effective, how they're manufactured under strict ISO protocols and how Toray is committed to providing consistent quality.


My Review:
I love this cloth! It's perfect for my glasses! I'm always needing a cloth to wipe my glasses every now and again. Specially when I ask one of my kids to grab my glasses. They bring them to me and have put their fingers on the lens. It drives me crazy.

I've tried other lens cleaners and they don't clean to well. This cloth is a great cleaner and gets off dust and finger prints quite well. Plus it has cute dots all over it.

If you need a good cloth for cleaning, this is a great one!

I lent this cloth to my friend who is a photographer and asked her to try and it let me know how it worked for her. She was impressed how well it cleaned her lenses. She does a lot of beach pictures and has to be careful with all the sand. If she was impressed, you know it's a keeper!

Get your cloth on amazon! You won't be disappointed!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment